Unemployment FAQs

Please select from an Unemployment category below to get more help or review a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions.

null Are my benefits taxable?

Unemployment insurance is taxable income and must be reported on your federal and state income tax returns.

Taxes can be withheld from your weekly unemployment benefits ,by completing and returning the Agreement to Withhold Federal Income Tax from UI Benefits and/or the Agreement to Withhold Kansas Income Tax from Unemployment Insurance Benefits.

In January IRS Form 1099-G will be mailed to you with the amount of unemployment insurance benefits paid and any tax withholdings during the previous year.