Unemployment FAQs

Please select from an Unemployment category below to get more help or review a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions updated weekly here.

Are there times when I have to file a claim by phone?

You must file your unemployment application by phone if:

  • You worked in any other state than Kansas in the past 18 months
  • You filed an unemployment claim with another state in the past 12 months
  • You were in the military service or were a federal employee in the past 18 months

All other claims can be filed online. Remember, filing online is simple, fast and secure; whereas there will be a wait if I transfer you to take your application.