Can employers elect in or out of coverage?
Workers Compensation FAQs
The Kansas Department of Labor Workers Compensation Division is responsible for the administration of the Kansas Workers Compensation laws and rules. The division focuses on ensuring employees injured at work, employers, health care providers and insurance carriers receive timely, impartial and fair claim resolution.
null Can employers elect in or out of coverage?
Elections in or out of the Workers Compensation Act are options available to employers or employees. Depending on the circumstances, options may be available for:
- Non-covered employers, those with payrolls of $20,000 or less or certain agricultural pursuits
- Corporate employees owning 10 percent or more of stock
- Individuals, proprietors or partnerships
- Employers seeking coverage for volunteers and other non-covered workers
- Volunteer directors, officers or trustees of a nonprofit organization