Workers Compensation FAQs

The Kansas Department of Labor Workers Compensation Division is responsible for the administration of the Kansas Workers Compensation laws and rules. The division focuses on ensuring employees injured at work, employers, health care providers and insurance carriers receive timely, impartial and fair claim resolution.

null Can I purchase a Workers Compensation policy from the state of Kansas and if not, who do I contact?

No. Workers compensation insurance coverage shall be obtained by:

  • Contacting a Kansas licensed insurance agent
  • Contacting the Kansas Insurance Department for information on group-funded pools
  • Contacting the Division of Workers Compensation for information on self-insurance