Unemployment FAQs

Please select from an Unemployment category below to get more help or review a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions updated weekly here.

null Do I have to report my severance pay when applying for unemployment benefits?

Yes, all severance pay must be reported to the Kansas Department of Labor when filing an application and weekly claims for unemployment benefits. A determination will be made to determine if and when the claimant is eligible for benefits.