Workers Compensation FAQs

The Kansas Department of Labor Workers Compensation Division is responsible for the administration of the Kansas Workers Compensation laws and rules. The division focuses on ensuring employees injured at work, employers, health care providers and insurance carriers receive timely, impartial and fair claim resolution.

null Do I need to file with the state?

No. Unless you are a state employee, your employer’s workers compensation insurance carrier should file with the state and pay your claim.