Unemployment FAQs

Please select from an Unemployment category below to get more help or review a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions updated weekly here.

How do I know if I'm eligible; how can I apply?

If you wish to file for approved training, complete the School Attendance/Approved Training Application (K-BEN 317) form below. The form must be completed and returned to KDOL so that a determination can be made. The only way to know if you are eligible is to submit the form. KDOL will issue a determination notifying you of your eligibility for approved training.

If you are approved for training under the Workforce Investment Act (WIA), you must complete the form (page one only) and submit the WIA approval letter with the completed request form. KDOL will approve the WIA training and waive the requirement that you seek work provided you make satisfactory progress while in approved training.