Employers FAQs

Please select from an Employers category below to get more help.

null How do I set up my account?

It is quick and easy to register for an account online. Go to KansasEmployer.gov and select "Register". Once registration is complete, select "File a KCNS 010 Status Report to register your business for Unemployment Tax" on the next page. You will be taken through the steps to create a new unemployment tax account. Business owners, their accountants or a third-party administrator (such as a payroll service) may establish an unemployment tax account for an employer. After we receive your completed form, we'll determine whether you're liable for unemployment taxes. If so, we'll assign your business a six-digit employer account number, which should be included on all future correspondence with KDOL, and a personal identification number (PIN), which you will need for future direct entry of electronic wage reports.