Unemployment FAQs

Please select from an Unemployment category below to get more help or review a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions updated weekly here.

How do I submit a complaint against my employer to KDOL?

If you believe you were aggrieved by a violation of 2021 Special Session H.B. 2001, please visit www.getkansasbenefits.gov/CovidLaw/Instructions to start the complaint process.

You will answer some preliminary questions to determine whether Section 1 of 2021 Special Session H.B. 2001 permits you to file a complaint with the Kansas Department of Labor. If your answers to the questions indicate you may be able to file a complaint under H.B. 2001, you will be directed to the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) page to sign in or register for an account. To learn how to register for MFA click HERE.

Once you are signed in, you must complete the entire complaint form. If you exit the form before completing it, your answers will NOT be saved. Once you press submit, print the confirmation page for your records.

Be advised that your answers to the questions are not confidential and any documentation you upload may be shared with your employer who you allege violated Section 1 of 2021 Special Session H.B. 2001 as part of KDOL’s investigation of your complaint.