How is Eligibility Determined?
null How is Eligibility Determined?
To qualify for benefits, the applicant must meet the following criteria (this could differ for those impacted by COVID-19):
- Be unemployed when the application is filed
- Earned sufficient wages in employment that is covered by Kansas Unemployment Security Law
- Be unemployed through no fault of the individual
School employees do not generally qualify for benefits during:
- Scheduled breaks in the school year
- Between school years or terms if they have a contract or reasonable assurance of returning to work in the same or similar capacity in the next term