Unemployment FAQs

Please select from an Unemployment category below to get more help or review a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions updated weekly here.

null I can’t find my Social Security card. How do I get a new or replacement card?

If you have lost your Social Security card or changed your name, you may request a duplicate card from the Social Security Administration website.

It may take a week or more to get a replacement Social Security card. You can ask your local SSA office to provide you with a printout of your information that you can provide to us while you wait for the duplicate card to be issued. Your local Social Security office can be found in the U.S. (Federal) Government section of the phone book.

To report a name change, fill out an Application for a Social Security Card (Form SS-5). You can get the form by visiting the website above or any Social Security office, as well as by calling Social Security’s toll-free number (800) 772-1213.