Workers Compensation FAQs

The Kansas Department of Labor Workers Compensation Division is responsible for the administration of the Kansas Workers Compensation laws and rules. The division focuses on ensuring employees injured at work, employers, health care providers and insurance carriers receive timely, impartial and fair claim resolution.

null I'm dissatisfied with the authorized treating physician. Can I seek a second opinion or see another provider for treatment?

You may seek medical services from an unauthorized provider. The services of the provider can be sought without application or approval. There is a $500.00 limit for the medical treatment payable by the insurer if your claim is compensable. The unauthorized medical allowance cannot be used to obtain a second disability rating.