Workers Compensation FAQs

The Kansas Department of Labor Workers Compensation Division is responsible for the administration of the Kansas Workers Compensation laws and rules. The division focuses on ensuring employees injured at work, employers, health care providers and insurance carriers receive timely, impartial and fair claim resolution.

null I’ve been injured at work. What should I do?

Get medical help. Many injuries can become serious if not treated. Get first aid at your workplace. If necessary, go to the emergency room or health-care provider of your choice and tell them you were injured at work. Notify your employer immediately. Refer to the Workers Compensation Rights and Responsibilities (K-WC 40-A) guide below for more information about what to do if you are injured at work.