Workers Compensation FAQs

The Kansas Department of Labor Workers Compensation Division is responsible for the administration of the Kansas Workers Compensation laws and rules. The division focuses on ensuring employees injured at work, employers, health care providers and insurance carriers receive timely, impartial and fair claim resolution.

null If we are not actively soliciting business in the state of Kansas, do we still have to complete the annual report K-ISH 28?

As long as an insurance carrier or group-funded self-insurance plan has a license to write workers compensation in Kansas, the report must be submitted. Complete or update Section I. Check “No” in Section II, and enter your name and title in the Affirmation section as your “signature.” If your company or plan should start writing business in Kansas, we will have a record of the business.