Unemployment FAQs

Please select from an Unemployment category below to get more help or review a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions updated weekly here.

Is the additional unemployment relief for the COVID-19 pandemic taxable (FPUC, PEUC, PUA, LWA, EB)?

Yes, all unemployment benefits are considered regular income for tax purposes, and so are subject to both federal and state income taxes. The 1099-G form assists in reporting the income on your tax forms. You will receive one 1099-G for all unemployment benefits received.