Unemployment FAQs

Please select from an Unemployment category below to get more help or review a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions updated weekly here.

null My spouse and I filed a joint federal tax return and our refund was intercepted for a debt that my spouse owes. How can I get my portion of the refund back?

You must complete federal Form 8379 to get your share of the refund. To obtain the form, call the IRS at or you can download the form below.

If you have questions about the form or need help completing it, call your local IRS office or call (800) 829-1040. The completed Form 8379 should be mailed to the IRS center where you sent your original tax return.