Unemployment FAQs

Please select from an Unemployment category below to get more help or review a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions.

null Should I file online or by phone?

We strongly suggest filing online. At times, the Contact Center phone wait can be lengthy. If you must call to speak with a customer service representative, be prepared to hold.

  • You must create your online account and then file your unemployment application by phone if:
  • You worked in any other state than Kansas in the past 18 months
  • You filed an unemployment claim with another state in the past 12 months
  • You were in the military service or were a federal employee in the past 18 months

All other claims can be filed online. Remember, filing online is simple, fast and secure; whereas there will be a wait if you contact the contact center.