What documents am I required to upload to substantiate that I received at least $5,000 of self-employment income?
null What documents am I required to upload to substantiate that I received at least $5,000 of self-employment income?
Individuals who apply for the MEUC program must provide document(s) to substantiate that they have received at least $5,000 in self-employment income during the most recent taxable year ending prior to the individual’s application for regular UC.
- If available, you must submit a copy of your federal income tax return for the most recent taxable year ending prior to your application for regular UC. Please include all forms and schedules submitted. Submitting documentation in this format will expedite the processing of your MEUC application; OR
- If your federal income tax return for the required tax year has not yet been filed or is not available, you may provide a copy of your unfiled, completed federal income tax return supporting your net self-employment income and employment income calculations; OR
- If your tax return is not available (for example, because you have not filed your income tax return yet), acceptable documentation of self-employment income includes, but is not limited to:
- Paycheck stubs,
- Bank receipts,
- Business records,
- Self-employment ledger
- Form 1040 SE with Schedule C, F, or SE
- Form 1065 Schedule K1 with Schedule E
- Bookkeeping records, including receipts for all allowable expense
- Billing statements
Acceptable documentation does not include W-2 wages earned with an employer. The proof of income must be related to self-employment.
If the individual’s application for regular UC was in 2020, use tax year 2019. If the individual’s application for regular UC was in 2021, use tax year 2020.