Unemployment FAQs

Please select from an Unemployment category below to get more help or review a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions.

null What if I have been ordered to pay child support?

If you are responsible for court-ordered child support payments and are in arrears, the Kansas Department for Children and Families will initiate an order to take part of your unemployment insurance benefits.

Initially, the order will take 50 percent of your benefits each week.

For more information please call the Child Support Call Center at (888) 757-2445.

The Kansas Department of Labor cannot assist in answering any questions about child support cases.