Unemployment FAQs

Please select from an Unemployment category below to get more help or review a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions updated weekly here.

null What if I have wages earned in another state, the military, or the federal government?

If you have wages during the base period of your claim earned in another state, from the military or federal government, we will ask for your wage information from the other state(s), and/or your branch of service or the federal government to help process your claim.

If you have not earned enough wages in Kansas to be eligible for benefits without adding in the additional wages from another state, the military or federal government, your unemployment payments will be delayed until we receive the requested wage information.

When we receive the wage information, another "Unemployment Insurance Monetary Determination" letter listing these wages will be mailed to you. You must continue to file your weekly claim for payment while your wages are being investigated.