Unemployment FAQs

Please select from an Unemployment category below to get more help or review a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions updated weekly here.

null Why is the amount reflected in my 1099-G different than what I expected?

The amount shown on the 1099-G reflects when the payment was made, not the weeks that were claimed, during the calendar year when you were issued the payment.

If you believe the amount shown on your 1099-G is incorrect, you can fill out a request on the KDOL Self-Service Portal under “Dispute my 1099,” making sure to check the box for “I want to dispute my 1099” or send a written dispute with your full name and last 4 digits of your social security number to the Kansas Department of Labor Attn: 1099 Inquiry at 401 SW Topeka Blvd, Topeka, KS 66603-3182.

If your dispute is related to identity theft, also attach a copy of the Unsworn Declaration form.