Workers Compensation FAQs

The Kansas Department of Labor Workers Compensation Division is responsible for the administration of the Kansas Workers Compensation laws and rules. The division focuses on ensuring employees injured at work, employers, health care providers and insurance carriers receive timely, impartial and fair claim resolution.

null Will the state pay my claim?

Unless you are a state employee, the state of Kansas does not administer or pay workers compensation claims. In most cases, the claim will be paid by your employer's workers compensation insurance carrier. Your employer should be able to provide you with the name and contact information for the payer of the claims.