Workers Compensation FAQs

The Kansas Department of Labor Workers Compensation Division is responsible for the administration of the Kansas Workers Compensation laws and rules. The division focuses on ensuring employees injured at work, employers, health care providers and insurance carriers receive timely, impartial and fair claim resolution.

null Can the Employer / Carrier refuse payment or adjust fees?

Yes. However, the employer must notify the provider in writing, within 30 days of receipt of the bill, explaining the reason for refusing payment or adjusting fees.