Employers FAQs

Please select from an Employers category below to get more help.

null Do I have to file or pay unemployment taxes to Kansas?

All employing units doing business in Kansas are subject to the provisions of the Employment Security law. However, not all are subject to the taxing provisions of the law. Coverage is determined by the type and nature of the business, the number of workers employed and the amount of wages paid for services in employment. Every employing unit that begins business operations in Kansas is required to file form K-CNS 010, "Status Report," within 15 days of the date of first employment.

If you meet liability requirements at any time during a year, you must file a Quarterly Wage Report and Unemployment Tax Return for all quarters of that year in which you had any employment. A quarterly wage report must be filed each quarter thereafter until your account is closed. Employers with 50 or more employees are required to file their quarterly reports and make payments online.

For questions, please call (785) 296-5027 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.