How can I speed up my application for unemployment benefits?
null How can I speed up my application for unemployment benefits?
There are a few things that you can do to help speed up the process and make sure your claim goes smoothly through the system. Before you file your claim, make sure you have:
- The names and complete addresses of all your employers for the past 18 months, as well as the beginning and ending employment dates with those employers.
- The reason you're out of work. Why you lost your job may have a bearing on whether you receive benefits. We'll gather information from both you and your employer.
- Were you employed out of state? We can request wages information from the other state(s) to use on your claim.
- Were you recently discharged from the military? We're required to obtain a copy of your DD–214, Member 4.
- Did you leave federal employment? We'll ask for a copy of your SF–50, W–2 or check stubs.
- Filing online is one of the fastest ways to complete the claim process. You can complete a claim online at GetKansasBenefits.govprovided you meet these criteria:
- In the past 18 months, you have not worked outside the state of Kansas.
- In the past 12 months, you have not filed an unemployment claim with another state.
- In the past 18 months, you have not been a member of the military or a federal employee.
- Errors in your filing or missing information will slow up the process while we work to get the necessary information to determine if you are eligible for benefits.