Labor Relations FAQs

The Kansas Department of Labor Labor Relations Division acts on behalf of the Public Employee Relations Board (PERB) to administer the Public Employer Employee Relations Act (PEERA) and for the Secretary of Labor to administer the Professional Negotiations Act (PNA). These Kansas laws, enacted more than 35 years ago, establish the right of public employees in Kansas to organize and negotiate with public employers regarding terms and conditions of employment and grievances. Please select from a Labor Relations category below to get more help. 

null I have a question about wages I earned that were not paid to me. Can you help me with that?

Questions about unpaid wages and other Kansas workplace laws such as breaks and child labor are under the jurisdiction of the KDOL Employment Standards unit. Contact Employment Standards at (785) 296-5000 ext. 1068 or