Workers Compensation FAQs

The Kansas Department of Labor Workers Compensation Division is responsible for the administration of the Kansas Workers Compensation laws and rules. The division focuses on ensuring employees injured at work, employers, health care providers and insurance carriers receive timely, impartial and fair claim resolution.

null In what instance would DN154 (Employee ID Assigned by Jurisdiction) be used? What is the process for creating this ID?

If there is no available Social Security number for injured worker, then there will need to be an Employee ID Assigned by Jurisdiction sent in its place. This will be assigned by Kansas Division of Workers Compensation by contacting (785) 296-4000 or Garrett Hamman at