Unemployment FAQs

Please select from an Unemployment category below to get more help or review a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions.

null Treasury Offset Program (TOP)

For more information on the Treasury Offset Program (TOP) go to https://www.dol.ks.gov/op

Whom should I contact regarding my debt?

If your debt has not yet been referred to TOP, contact Kansas Department of Labor Benefit Payment Collections at (785) 296-3609.

If your debt has already been referred to TOP call the Treasury Offset Program Call Center at (800) 304-3107.

How can I avoid having my debt offset for payment?

Choose a way to pay the debt by going to our Overpayments page.

What if I don't give you permission to take my federal payment?

State and federal laws authorize the TOP Program. KDOL is not required to secure your permission prior to submitting your unpaid liability to TOP.