Labor Relations FAQs

The Kansas Department of Labor Labor Relations Division acts on behalf of the Public Employee Relations Board (PERB) to administer the Public Employer Employee Relations Act (PEERA) and for the Secretary of Labor to administer the Professional Negotiations Act (PNA). These Kansas laws, enacted more than 35 years ago, establish the right of public employees in Kansas to organize and negotiate with public employers regarding terms and conditions of employment and grievances. Please select from a Labor Relations category below to get more help. 

null What about my public pension plan? Is KPERS subject to Labor Relations?

No, the Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS) is not part of the Office of Labor Relations but can be contacted at the below.

Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS)

611 S Kansas Ave, Suite 100
Topeka, KS 66603-3869

(888) 275-5737 (Toll-Free)
(785) 296-6166 (Topeka)
(785) 296-0196 (FAX)