What are the business eligibility requirements?
Please select from an Employers category below to get more help.
null What are the business eligibility requirements?
To participate in the Shared Work Program, an employer must:
- have reduced the normal weekly work hours and corresponding wages by at least 20% but no more than 40%.
- have a reduction that affects a business unit of two or more employees
- apply the plan for reduced hours to at least 10% of the employees in the affected unit.
- have established an experience rating.
- not have a negative balance in their unemployment tax account or be delinquent on unemployment tax reports or payments.
The Shared Work Program is not available for seasonal layoffs.