Industrial Safety and Health FAQs

The Kansas Department of Labor Industrial Safety and Health Division (ISH) is responsible for identifying safety hazards and helping Kansas businesses and public sector entities eliminate unsafe practices. The division promotes programs throughout the state designed to help Kansas workers avoid on-the-job injuries and provide a safe working environment.

null What are the Business/Entity types?

  • Antique: Businesses that own and operate only antique amusement rides.
  • Amusement rides manufactured prior to January 1, 1930 are considered antique.
  • Limited Use: Allows only for nonprofit, community-based organizations that operate an amusement ride less than 20 days, or 160 hours, in a year and are in one location per year.
  • Registered Agritourism: Business operates only Registered Agritourism activity rides. Business/Entity must be registered with the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism.
  • Governmental Agency: Classification allows only governmental agencies or municipalities.
  • Not For Profit: Only for businesses or organizations legally structured as a not for profit entity (NFP) and taxed accordingly.
  • For Profit: Business is operated for the purpose of making a profit.