Unemployment FAQs

Please select from an Unemployment category below to get more help or review a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions.

null What if I disagree with the decision of the Appeals Referee?

Either party may request the decision not in their favor be reviewed by the Employment Security Board of Review (the Board). Instructions for filing that appeal are on the last page of the Appeals Referee’s decision. The Board will review the hearing testimony and evidence and will not hold a new hearing or accept additional evidence. You may appeal the Board’s decision to the District Court and up through the Court of Appeals and Kansas Supreme Court. These additional appeals are at your expense.