Unemployment FAQs

Please select from an Unemployment category below to get more help or review a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions.

null What if someone has worked out of state in the past 18 months?

The individual may file a claim for unemployment benefits in any state in which they have earned money. States can combine your wages for a claim. In Kansas, an individual with wages in another state must create an online account and then apply by calling our contact center. Individuals can only file/claim benefits in one state at a time, so if they begin filing in one state, their claim will remain with that state.