Which Kansas employers are excluded from Workers Compensation?
Workers Compensation FAQs
The Kansas Department of Labor Workers Compensation Division is responsible for the administration of the Kansas Workers Compensation laws and rules. The division focuses on ensuring employees injured at work, employers, health care providers and insurance carriers receive timely, impartial and fair claim resolution.
null Which Kansas employers are excluded from Workers Compensation?
Employment categories excluded from the law are:
- Certain agricultural pursuits
- Realtors who qualify as independent contractors
- Firefighters belonging to a firefighters relief association which has waived coverage under the workers compensation law
- Sole proprietors, LLC members and partners
- Certain owner-operator vehicle drivers covered by their own occupational accident insurance policy