Unemployment FAQs

Please select from an Unemployment category below to get more help or review a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions updated weekly here.

Who is eligible for the additional Lost Wages Assistance (LWA)?

The LWA program is limited in scope and, due to federal restrictions, will only be available to those persons who provide self-certification that they are unemployed, partially unemployed, or unable or unavailable to work due to disruptions caused by COVID-19 and who have a weekly benefit amount of at least $100 for regular Unemployment Compensation (UC) or any of the following UC programs: Unemployment Compensation for Federal Employees (UCFE) and Unemployment Compensation for Ex-Service members (UCX); Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC); Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA); Extended Benefits (EB); Short-Time Compensation (STC); Trade Readjustment Allowance (TRA); and Payments under the Self-Employment Assistance (SEA) program. If you are working full time or being paid more than or equal to your weekly benefit amount, you are not unemployed and will not be eligible to receive an LWA payment for the week.