The content of this page was last updated on March 30, 2021.
Unemployment Insurance (UI)
Up to 26 Weeks
- Filing for Unemployment Insurance (UI) is the first step for affected workers. It is available for up to 26 weeks.
Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Insurance Compensation (PEUC)
Up to 26 Weeks
- Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) is a federal extension of benefits for those who have exhausted UI.
- The ARP extension increases PEUC weekly benefits from 24 weeks to 53 weeks, through week ending 9/4/21.
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA)
Up to 79 Weeks
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) expands access to unemployment by including those who are affected by COVID-19 and not eligible for UI or PEUC (such as self-employed, independent contractors, gig workers, employees of religious organizations and those who lack sufficient work history or have been disqualified for state benefits).
- The ARP extension increases PUA weekly benefits from 50 weeks to 79 weeks, through week ending 9/4/21.
Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC)
- Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) provides a $300 per week benefit for any claimant that is eligible for an underlying unemployment compensation program. No application is necessary.
- FPUC is extended through week ending 9/4/21.
- Previously FPUC was available from March 29, 2020 through July 25, 2020 and payments were for $600, but this extension only provides $300 weekly benefits.
Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation (MEUC)
- Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation (MEUC) is only available for claimants filing in either the UI or PEUC programs. This program will require a separate application; details to come.
- Claimants must have earned more than $5,000 in self-employment income in the most recent taxable year, prior to the individual’s application for regular UI benefits.
- Eligible claimants will receive an additional $100 weekly benefit on top of their weekly benefit amount and the $300 FPUC benefit.
Lost Wages Assistance (LWA)
- Lost Wages Assistance (LWA) was funded by FEMA to provide $300 per week to supplement unemployment benefits to eligible claimants. It was Available for any claims for the weeks ending Aug. 1, 2020, through Sept. 5, 2020 (payments will be retroactive).