Annual Workers Compensation Seminar
Annual Workers Compensation Seminar
September 28 & 29, 2021
October 1, 2021 (Management Track ONLY)
Over the past few weeks there has been a significant surge in COVID cases across the state. In Shawnee County, a designation of emergency is in place at this time due to hospitalizations, and the Governor has requested, if possible, Kansans avoid large gatherings where we can’t maintain social distance. There is the potential of further restrictions being implemented before the workers compensation seminar is scheduled. Therefore, the decision has been made to move the 2021 seminar to a virtual format. While this is not what we preferred, we do want to make sure we can still have a seminar and keep everyone safe. Further instructions will be forthcoming.
All attendees seeking credits must sign in at the continuing education table before attending sessions. Directions for documentation and evaluation materials are provided at sign-in. Read and follow the directions carefully. Attendance is documented. Time is deducted for late arrival and early departure. Failure to sign in may result in the loss of credits.
Registration and attendance does not guarantee the award of continuing education credits. Attendees are responsible for compliance with their occupation’s crediting requirements.
Attorneys: Affidavits completed at the seminar must meet eligibility to be reported to the Kansas Continuing Legal Education Commission (KS CLE). To qualify for submission, the attorney must be a paid and registered attendee and signed in on the Kansas Attorney Roster. Attorneys are responsible for tracking their own credits as posted by the KS CLE and the Missouri Bar.
Other Continuing Education: If you are licensed or certified in an occupation that is not pre-approved and need proof of attendance to file for credits on your own, you must sign in at the continuing education table before you attend sessions. Directions for documentation are provided at sign-in. There are 660 minutes of education available.
Registration is required to attend Virtual sessions.
The Kansas Department of Labor uses KanPay to process payments for security purposes. The KanPay link for seminar registration will be posted here once it becomes available.
Online Receipts: A KanPay Receipt of Payment is sent to one e-mail only. You may choose the e-mail by writing it in the space provided on the printed form. If no e-mail is listed on the printed form and when registering online, the receipt is sent to the first registrant’s e-mail.
Special Needs Accomodations: All reasonable attempts will be made to accommodate special needs. Please report your needs in Special Accommodations (on the back of the Registration Form) if mailing, or in Special Accommodations within Online Registration or email them to email@example.com. Helpers (who assist on site) are not required to register and can take part in all seminar activities. Helpers are not eligible to receive continuing education credits or a Group ID-Pin needed to download handouts.
Due to the late change of the Management Track going to a 3rd day, the Handouts for that day will be listed under the Day 1 and Day 2 Handouts and Labeled as Management Track.
- How to Register for the Workers Compensation Seminar - Instructions
- Seminar Registration -Closed
- Handout Login
- Day 1 0920 Pandemic and WC_Martens
- Day 1 1040am Medicare Compliance Trends_Oakes
- Day 1 1040am Medicare Compliance Trends_RobinsonStewart
- Day 1 1pm Best Practices in Amputee Rehab_Trent_Wells
- Day 1 1pm Enforceable Liens_Emerson_Rice
- Day 1 1pm Enforceable Liens Outline_Emerson_Rice
- Day 1 220 Case Law Statutory Regulatory Update_Rakestraw_Voegeli
- Day 1 220pm Case Law Statutory Regulatory Update_Voegeli_Rakestraw
- Day 1 220pm Lumbar Stenosis Spondylolisthesis_Bunch
- Day 1 340pm An Ethical Approach to Evaluating Chronic Pain Pts_Arias
- Day 1 340pm Ethics 1 Principle of Confidentality_Stratton
- Day 1 8am Impairment after Johnson Case_Hufford
- Day 1 8am Impairment after Johnson Case_Townsley_Kelsey
- Day 3 12pm OSCAR Basics_Curtis_Lewis
- Day 3 8am WC Basics_Boswell
- Day 3 920am WC Advanced_ Boswell
- Day 2 0920 Compensability of Work Risk Personal Risk_2 Fisher
- Day 2 0920 Compensability of Work Risk Personal Risk_Fisher
- Day 2 1040am Compensability Issues for Remote Workers_Robinson
- Day 2 1040am Compensability Issues for Remote Workers_Weltz
- Day 2 1pm KS Workers Compensation Fund Update_DavidBideau
- Day 2 1pm Orthobilogics_Khadavi
- Day 2 220pm Lawyer Well-Being What's it got to do with me_Hall
- Day 2 220pm Outcome Measures in Lower Extremity_Monroe
- Day 2 8am Practical Implications of the Pandemic_Hursh_Marchant
- Day 2 8am Practical Implications of the Pandemic_Roth
- Day 2 920am Compensability of Work Risk_Rippee
- Day 3 1040 Covid and WC_Sanford_Hamman1
Request for refund must be made by email to kdol.WCSeminar@ks.gov and include a Federal Employer Identification number (if business) or a Social Security number (if individual). Businesses or Individuals must submit their request by email to kdol.WCSeminar@ks.gov by 4 p.m. Sept. 15, 2021
A $25 processing fee and the cost of the KanPay transaction’s service charge will be withheld from each registration’s refund. Requests that do not meet criteria and deadlines will not be processed.
Email registration questions to: kdol.WCSeminar@ks.gov
Workers Compensation Seminar
The seminar is the official information resource from the Kansas Department of Labor (KDOL) Workers Compensation Division.
Last year KDOL held its Annual Workers Compensation Seminar virtually. This year, we will convene in Topeka on (September 28-29, 2021) at the (The Capitol Plaza Hotel and the Stormont Vail Events Center Exhibition Hall) for the 42nd (47th) Annual Workers’ Compensation seminar for our usual onsite event. Current Shawnee County Public Health Guidance only allows 75% room capacity so we estimate the attendee cap will be about 400. We will take registrations above the cap and put on a wait list in anticipation of the attendee cap increasing as vaccination rates improve in Shawnee County and the rest of Kansas.